Five Steps to Preaching a World Class Sermon
1. Find a room with nothing on the walls. A small closet will do.
2. Get a few friends to join you. You’ll need at least two, one to record your sermon and one to say things like, “Amen” and “Come on, brother.”
3. Get a pulpit and stack a bunch of stuff up on it. It makes you look busy. People like to listen to busy people.
4. Finally, now is the time to tackle the really tough issues. And don’t be afraid to call people by names. Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Leonardo DiCaprio must be exposed. This particular preacher probably isn’t the best example for us to follow since he didn’t mention Pat Sajak or the guy that played Nick on Family Ties.
That should just about do it. Oh, I almost forgot step five.
5. Be sure to launch a verbal assault on the most dangerous show in television history – Little House on the Prairie.
Happy pulpit kicking!